Plumbers in Bega can help you when your storm water drain becomes blocked and part of your home becomes flooded, you have a leak in a water pipe or your hot water service packs it in. They also attend to your sewerage needs if anything should occur within your home boundary that is no longer the responsibility of your municipal council. The hiring of their services, however, can be expensive depending on the nature of their visit. To ensure the job gets done for the price being paid, here are some tips:
1. Hire a licensed plumber: There are plenty of part-trained plumbers. These people have nothing to lose if they do a bad job. Even though they are a lot cheaper, you would be taking a huge risk. By law, plumbers must be licensed and they will also be aware of any permits that may be required before carrying out work. The work will also be guaranteed and insured.
2. Get references: Even if they are licensed, you will not know what kind of work they do unless you know them personally. Try to obtain some references from previous customers, to ensure they are the right person for the job.
3. Is the work guaranteed? Don’t be afraid to ask if the work is guaranteed against poor workmanship, an adverse event, how long it lasts, and get it in writing!
4. Experience: Plumbing is a trade where experience builds on theory and the longer a person has been in the trade the better tradesperson he becomes. It is best to employ a plumber who has worked for another plumber for a period before branching out. An experienced plumber will probably get the job done faster than an inexperienced one and if you are paying by the hour you should recoup any higher rates in time taken to complete the job.
5. Price: The hourly rate charged between different plumbers can be quite substantial but don’t let price determine your choice. The reason why you might get a low quote to do a certain job might be because that particular plumber can’t get work. The reason why he can’t get work might be because he leaves a lot to be desired in both attitude and workmanship.
Make sure you get quotes for the work you need to have carried out, by three or more plumbers. Test their quotes against their experience, references and organisational appearances. A good plumber should give you free quotes and unless the job is an emergency the time will be well spent.